What are Kristen Stewart’s Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Personality Types?02 April 2021 / By Megan Malone Clinically Reviewed by Steven Melendy, PsyD. on April 02, 2021
As an actress and filmmaker, Kristen Stewart is one of the most successful women in Hollywood. She had her first acting role at age 12 in the film Panic Room and rose to fame as a teenager starring as Bella Swan in the Twilight Saga.
But the actress isn’t one to rub it in or brag about her fame and fortune. Kristen is intensely private, thoughtful, and methodological. She cares more about the quality of her work than how much attention she gets or how many fans she has.
Based on our analysis, Kristen Stewart is likely an Enneagram Type 6 and an INTP personality type . Read on to learn more about her enigmatic personality.
Enneagram Type 6: The Skeptic
The Enneagram Six is defined by their desire for security. Vigilant and alert, they are always thinking a few steps ahead to avoid potential problems. Sixes tend to be vocal about their weaknesses so that others can understand where they’re coming from. Paradoxically, this type can also be rebellious and tough on the outside as a way to protect themselves and avoid being manipulated.
Kristen is both open about her struggles and yet fiercely private and protective of herself and the people in her life. Her focus and work ethic paired with a desire for inner peace and privacy are traits that suggest she could be an Enneagram Six.
Enneagram 6: Inwardly
- Seek safety and security. Kristen admits that she doesn’t feel totally secure unless she feels like she is in control of a situation. She’s said, “I'm kind of a control freak. I get really freaked out if I don't know what's going on and what's going to happen.”
- Seek internal peace. The actress is aware that she comes across as awkward sometimes, but as long as she is at peace with herself, she doesn’t mind when people misunderstand her. "I think it's funny that when I go onstage to accept an award, they think I'm nervous, uncomfortable, and awkward—and I am—but those are bad words for them," she said .
- Focused on what could happen next. Like many Type 6s, Kristen is always looking ahead at what could go wrong. In an interview with InStyle, she said , “I get nervous before going out, not because I'm scared but because it's just like, ‘Oh god, what else can be a thing?’”
Enneagram 6: Outwardly
- Hardworking. Kristen is an extremely hardworking actress. At only 22 years old, she was already the highest-paid actress in Hollywood.
- Thoughtful and wise beyond their years. Jodie Foster said of working with Kristen as a child actress: “Kristen was incredibly mature in some ways and grounded and very calm under pressure,” Foster recalled . “She was an incredible listener, but then she’d say something so childlike that you’d be like, That’s right—she’s only 11.”
- Private and reserved. Kristen is known for her strong distaste for things like that come with fame — like intensely personal interviews and paparazzi. She is learning to be less protective of her life and more comfortable with what comes along with fame. She said , “I think I just wanted to enjoy my life. And that took precedence over protecting my life, because in protecting it, I was ruining it.”
TypeFinder Personality: INTP “The Architect”
I: Unlike many celebrities with her level of fame, Kristen has never felt comfortable with the attention she gets from the spotlight. A quintessential introvert, the actress has spoken frequently about the challenges of fame. She has said, “I never wanted to be this famous. I never imagined this life for myself,” and “I am quite shy and people think I'm aloof.”
N: Kristen uses her intuition to deeply understand her character’s motivations, impulses and desires. She treats each role almost as its own experiment in seeing the world in a new way. “If you have a good enough imagination then you can feel things that you personally have never done before. That's acting,” she said.
T: The actress has a serious and methodological approach to her work. She is not one to take a role just for the spotlight or to appease other people. She’s said, “Even while starting out I took things very seriously; I wasn't the sort of kid that would do a doll commercial or do a series for Nickelodeon. They asked me to do silly things, and I wasn't a silly kid.”
P: Kristen has a flexible, go-with-the-flow personality. Many of her Perceiver traits are apparent in this interview with actor Shia LaBeouf . When it’s her turn to interview Shia, Kristen says, “I actually didn’t want to sit and think of any questions to ask you, just because I thought that it would happen naturally.” Rather than prepare for a situation, she is more comfortable letting the situation guide her.
Ti: Personality types that lead with Introverted Thinking value honesty and truth above all else. These are values that Kristen has often commented on in interviews, saying “It's impossible to always get across what I'm trying to say, but, if I just stay honest, then I'm not going to look back on any of these interviews and wonder what I was trying to do or be.” Kristen isn’t afraid to make other people uncomfortable if it means staying true to herself.
Ne: Kristen has admitted that she can be somewhat absentminded. Her thoughts don’t always connect, she’s said, and so sometimes it can be difficult for others to follow her in conversation. “Really, I'm incredibly disjointed and not candid. Just in general, my thoughts tend to come out in little spurts that don't necessarily connect. If you hang around long enough, you can find the linear path. But it will take a second.” This is a trait common in individuals who use Extraverted Intuition.
Si: Acting since she was nine-years-old, Kristen is a serious actor, who focuses more on learning the craft through experience. Like other Introverted Sensing types, she values past experiences and how they’ve shaped her into who she is today. “I never valued the fame thing as much as I valued the experiences I got to do while working,” she said in an interview with Harpers Bazaar . Her tertiary Introverted Sensing is also apparent in some of her favorite hobbies : reading, cooking, photography, and writing poetry.
Fe: As an Extraverted Feeling type, Kristen is aware of social expectations placed upon her by her fame. But since this is her inferior function, dealing with these expectations is a constant struggle. “Being a public figure, I'm supposed to present myself in a certain way,” she’s said. “But it's hard and you're never going to be able to tell people who you are through the media.”
More Facts About INTPs:
- INTPs make up 3% of the general population; 5% of men and 2% of women identify as this type
- On personality trait measures, score as Candid, Ingenious, Complicated, Independent, and Rebellious
- Most frequent type among college students committing alcohol and drug policy violations
- One of the types least likely to believe in a higher spiritual power
- Personal values include Autonomy, Freedom, and Independence
InTheRavine (not verified) says...
INTP = TYPE 5
Although there are certainly some correlations between MBTI and Enneagram types, one type (e.g., INTP) does not neccessitate the other (e.g., 5). The systems are very different from each other.
Gert-Jan ten Ham (not verified) says...
Yes, thank you so much for this analysis of (probably) the most underrated actress in Hollywood. She is regularly typed ISTP, but I could feel something was off. She is quirky and unusual. In her interviews she is very analytical and occasionally a bit scatterbrained. As an ENTP I can relate to her really well. She is always searching for connections and hidden meanings. She goes off topic and connects seemingly unrelated topics to the initial question(s). She comes off as very authentic and does not hide her personality to come across as a people pleaser. She is such a talented and beautiful person and a great example of an INTP who isn't the archetypical scientist or philosopher. I love you Kristen Stewart!
popsmokemerchshop (not verified) says...
I feel extremely cheerful to have seen your post. I found the most beautiful and fascinating one. I am really extremely glad to visit your post.